Viaje Exclusivo Collector’s Edition 2013 Double Edged Sword II ( 5 Pack )October 24, 2015
RoMa Craft Neanderthal SGP (Box Count 15)December 17, 2015
The Fuente Fuente Don Carlos Eye of the Shark is a smaller version of the company’s popular Shark size measuring 5 3/4 x 52 instead of the normal 5 5/8 x 54 made famous by the Añejo size. The Shark is noted for its peculiar shape which starts with a rounded belicoso-like tip but transforms into a square box-pressed foot.
- Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
- Factory: Tabacalera A. Fuente y Cia
- Wrapper: n/a
- Binder: n/a
- Filler: n/a
- Size: 5 3/4 Inches
- Ring Gauge: 52
- Vitola: Petit Shark
- Given that it’s getting cold and this seems very much to be a Cameroon wrapper, be careful about smoking the cigar in the cold as Cameroon is fragile and has a tendency to split.
- This is not the first time Fuente has made a Cameroon-wrapped Shark size.
- The Eye of the Shark doubted at the 2015 IPCPR Convention & Trade Show and it interestingly featured a secondary band that read “Personal Reserve.” The cigars that shipped are without that secondary band.
- Like so many other rare and limited edition Fuentes, the Eye of the Shark has been marked up by some retailers, sometimes as much as three times suggested retail prices. I didn’t really take into account the full ramifications of this until recently, but one of the issues with retailers who do this is that consumers have the perception that Fuente is charging $40 for cigars like these, when they are in fact not. I think if you polled most cigar smokers about the cost of Fuente Fuente OpusX, we would find many of them who believe the cigars cost a lot more than they do simply because of retailer mark-ups over the years.
- The back of the bands feature a small piece of red ribbon that fits over a v-like opening in the bands.
Review From Halfwheel (http://halfwheel.com/arturo-fuente-don-carlos-eye-of-the-shark)
||16 × 11 × 3 in
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.